Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Lance Reviews• The Weeknd- Beauty Behind The Madness

Humans, Koalas, Frogs, and other species from all over the world welcome back to this insanely terrible blog :). Today is the 1st episode of The Lance Reviews! The Lance reviews will be where I will review albums! This will most likely be a weekly thing where I will tackle an album and break it down to pieces!!

Today we will be reviewing The Weeknd's new album "Beauty Behind The Madness"! I will break down my favorites, least favorites, and the songs I just don't have an opinion on! Let's get the worst out the way 1st and here are my least favorite songs :)

Least favorites
• Real Life: This song is definitely not a good way to kick off an album!! He seems to be getting away from himself and the drums in the background are just annoying. The chorus is forced and isn't he doesn't pull it off! I have to give credit to some of the verses. I overall am not feeling this song at all... Rate: 4.5-10

• Tell Your Friends: This is definitely the best worst song on the album by a longshot. I'm just saying some of these lyrics are just so generic and unoriginal. And again the chorus in this song is just absolutely horrendous. Other than that the song is lay I guess. Rate: 5-10

• In The Night: Yea.... I'm not feeling this sound at all... Okay Abel? He seems to want to have a new sound with this song and it sounds absolutely terrible! This song was definitely wasn't made for his voice. I would be okay with someone like Jason Derulo singing on this song but I'm not enjoying Abel on it. Rate: 4.5-10

• As You Are: "Imma Need You, Imma Need you, Imma need you". What the heck... Is this? One of these most repetitive songs of 2015 for sure. This song is just making me cringe in every way. Rate: 2-10

In the middle
• Earned It: Everyone knows this song. I didn't really like it that much ever but my Opinion hasn't changed much at all to be honest. It's a decent song that was extremely popular. Enough said. Rate: 5.5-10

• Losers Feat. Labrinth: I'm actually enjoying this one.... Sort of. Like I'm loving a lot of this song! The vocals are just flawless from both Abel and Labrinth. I just don't like the Instrumental part. It's not that dark sound Abel pulls of so well! Rate: 7-10

• Acquainted: This song isn't bad. My initial reaction was trash... But it isn't bad. The Weeknd's voice fits this song perfectly! Overall an okay song. Nothing else to say about it. Rate: 6-10

• Dark Times Feat. Ed Sheeran: This song is actually pretty good. Ed Sheeran fits perfectly with the dark rhythm beat and The Weeknd as usual slays it! A different type of song from Abel but it works. Rate: 7.5-10

Favorites
• Often: This song is just.... Something else. I like it a lot and I think it's the song that kinda started to get people hype for this album! It's got a dark sound with that beautiful voice you just can't go wrong with a often! Rate: 9-10

• The Hills: The Video, The Song, The Greatness (this is Making no sense). This song is a masterpiece... That's why it's a hit on pop stations! This song has started to get radio airplay and I'm extremely happy about it! Abel pulls this song off so well that I just can't.... I LOVE IT! Rate: 10-10

Thank you guys so much for reading the 1st #LanceReviews post and I hope you loved it! I know there were some songs I didn't cover but still... I had nothing to say about them :). Maybe we can get some lyric chain challenges and maybe some other fun popping in the comments section but for now I'm gonna go get some exercise... And as always....

- God 1st, God Bless (#G1GB)

| L A N C Y |

17 comments:

  1. You forgot Prisoner and CFMF.
    -Remy (She told me you'll never be alo-o-one...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't feel my face when I'm with you

      Also, I couldn't say anything. They're both goodish?!

      Delete
    2. But I love it, but I love it, oh

      Delete
    3. I can't feel my face when I'm with you

      Delete
    4. You also forgot Shameless.
      -Remy (In The Night? Are you sure that isn't MJ?)

      Delete
  2. But I love it
    But I love it, o-oh
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ONLY CALLED YOU WHEN IT'S HALF PAST FIVE THE ONLY TIME THAT I'D BE BY YOUR SIDE I ONLY LOVE IT WHEN YOU TOUCH ME NOT FEEL ME WHEN I'M F***ED UP THAT'S THE REAL ME WHEN I'M F***ED UP THAT'S THE REAL ME YEAH
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekend Countdown - September 12, 2015

    SPOILER ALERT


    Exits:
    Echosmith - Bright (#34)
    MKTO - Bad Girls (#40)
    Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (#41) {2 Weeks @ #1}
    Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk! (#43) {4 Weeks @ #1}

    Last Week's #1 Song: WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (10)
    #45. Los 5 - Mañana (-3)
    #44. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (+1?!)
    #43. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (+1)
    #42. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (-4)
    #41. Major Lazer & DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On (-20?!?!?!?!)
    #40. Taylor Swift - Style (-35!!!!!) {1 Week @ #1}
    #39. X Ambassadors - Renegades (DEBUT!!!!!)
    #38. Fifth Harmony - Worth It (-9)
    #37. Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love (debut)
    #36. Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand (-1)
    #35. All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (-3)
    #34. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Eric Nally/Melle Mel/Kool Moe Dee/Grandmaster Caz - Downtown (DEBUT!!!)
    #33. Maroon 5 - Sugar (-3) {2 Weeks @ #1}
    #32. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? (debut)
    #31. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (+5) {2 Weeks @ #1}
    #30. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (+7) {4 Weeks @ #1}
    #29. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (-6) {1 Week @ #1}
    #28. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town (+9)
    #27. Phoebe Ryan - Mine (+1)
    #26. MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish (+7)
    #25. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (+0)
    #24. Jason Derulo - Cheyenne (+3)
    #23. Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself (+3)
    #22. Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now (-7)
    #21. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor - Marvin Gaye (-9)
    #20. Selena Gomez - Good for You (+11)
    #19. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (-5)
    #18. Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It (-1)
    #17. Little Mix - Black Magic (+5)
    #16. Daya - Hide Away (+8)
    #15. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (-7)
    #14. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away (+5)
    #13. 5 Seconds of Summer - She's Kinda Hot (+0)
    #12. Sam Smith - Like I Can (+6?)
    #11. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (-1)
    #10. twenty one pilots - Tear in My Heart (+1)
    #9. One Direction - Drag Me Down (+11)
    #8. Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (-2)
    #7. Jason Derulo - Want to Want Me (+2)
    #6. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (+10)
    #5. Tove Lo - Talking Body (-1)
    #4. Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer (-2)
    #3. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (-2) {10 Weeks @ #1}
    #2. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (+5)
    #1. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (+2) {1ST WEEK @ #1!!!!!!!}

    Biggest DROP!!!…of the Week and the Year To Date: Taylor Swift - Style (-35)
    Biggest Jump of the Week: tie between Selena Gomez - Good for You and One Direction - Drag Me Down (+11)
    #1 Song This Time Last Year: Maroon 5 - Maps (4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DOWNTOWN & WHAT DO YOU MEAN
      -Remy (& RENEGADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

      Delete
    2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS STYLE HAS THE BIGGEST DROP OF THE WEEK LET US ALL REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      -Remy

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Duhhhhh! I watched the game :)

      #WhenAllUDoIsWatchCollegeFootball

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness! Totally forgot to release SWW to u! That'll be done right after I'm home from school!!!

    ReplyDelete