Monday, November 23, 2015

The Scrub Chronicles: AMA Music Awards

Ayye Fam! It's been a while since the last post :/ sorry! Life's busy ya know? Anyways, this week on the inaugural episode of The Scrub Chronicles I will be reviewing the AMA Music Awards! I was okay with Jennfier Lopez's hosting and overall the awards giver outers (oooooh scrub) were chill (make sense please) to! The performances were also overall pretty good so yeppity yep yep! To the review!

Overall Hosting Grade (guests involved): C+

Overall Performance Grade (music): B+

Overall Show Grade: B

1. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Hey Everybody
Comments: I was impressed with this. To an extent of course. It's 5Sos, I wasn't going to expect well, what Celine Dion did. But, no the less I enjoyed this (this sounds like a writing essay scrub). Nice job. Nothing special, but a good way to kick off the show!

Grade: B-

2. One Direction- Perfect
Comments: While watching this I couldn't help but think, they sound really bad. I'm sorry to the fans of this band but for you to justify (big word woohoo) them sounding good in person that'd be crazy Fam! Like no no. They didn't exactly hit the notes to well either.... They looked like Meek Mill basically (all kinds of L's.... Just like you scrub...). Yep that sums it up: 1D.... Or a Meek Mill?

Grade: D

3. Ariana Grande- Focus
Comments: I don't know for sure whether I liked her performance her last year but I sur did enjoy this one! She was rather Comfertable on stage and looked poised (this is very boring scrub). Like I was fluffin impressed with her!! She hits those high notes like tornado siren to (that didn't make any sense scrub) if that makes sense... ok! Ariana, you rocked it, and hey look, everyone was focused on you :)

Grade: A-

4. Pentatonix- Star Wars (theme song)
Comments: *Heart Emoji* *add a few more*. That about sums up how great these five sounded tonight! It was beautiful!! They made the Star Wars theme song sound amazing
(yessir scrub). My mom loved it to and she said, "that was really good!". These five
have went from under the radar status to worldwide famous and haven't changed one bit. They really do give that can't sleep love.
They're beautiful... I'm gonna die (YAS!).

Grade: A

5. Selena Gomez- Same Old Love
Comments: This performance, sorry to say, seemed like a place holder. I'm like literally going to go average with this one. If wasn't good, bad, or even in the middle. It was lifeless (Selena is sad now bum). Hey at least she didn't fail :/

Grade: C

6. Nick Jonas- Levels
Comments: I've grown out of this song. But.. This wasn't that bad. It was good actually.
He got my attention and kept me hooked with the catchy lyrics and beat I was on it! It was very entertaining. I was impressed.

Grade: B+

7. Gwen Stefani- Used To Love You
Comments: Emotional. Breath Taking. Amazing. All three can describe this. Gwen Stefani owned that stage and I was so impressed with this song and they way she pulled it off. The song is amazing! I was stunned by how good this was! Her vocals were on point! This wasn't the "best" but it was about an inch off. It's not had to be 2nd when this show had one of the best performances ever. And know it's not Justin Bieber.

Grade: A

Justin Bieber: (All of the songs overall)
Comments: It started off okay. Got better with Where Are Ü Now. And well.... Then water started pouring from the ceiling. It was a great one to say the least. The 3rd best performance of the night was the very last one by JB and I was impressed! He has really changed so much and I am very impressed! The performance of Sorry was just... Woo! It was pretty great, and no Justin it's not to late to say sorry :)

Grade: A-

Celine Dion- Tribute To Paris (French Song)
Comments: I was close to tears. This was emotional and beautiful and crazy good at the same time!!! This lady's voice is absolutely
amazing I mean like woah! Amazing. She really did honor and give tribute to all those that lost and survived the Paris terror attacks last week. Celine, your the real MVP.

Grade: A+ To Infinity

Well that's a wrap to this years AMA awards! Thanks s much for reading the 1st (and hopefully final) edition of The Scrub Chronicles/Scrubolicious Sunday! ily you guys so much (this isn't text) and well yah! Thanks for reading but remember, don't ever stop to think about what's going on. Just keep on keeping on (remember that song). PEACE✌️

- God 1st, God Bless

~ Lance :)

4 comments:

  1. I agreed with a lot of these! Celin Dion was amazing! I actually would've given 5sos an A but whatever. I agree with u about 1D. They were totally off key. Also it the end it says "Thank you s much." Shouldn't that be "so."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir Graham you are correct! I will maybe (you never do) change that:)

      Delete
  2. You said AMA Music Awards, which is American Music Awards Music Awards.

    Also, I'll have a review coming out hopefully tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete