Saturday, July 9, 2016

Justin Timberlake (4)• 7/9/16| Hits 1 Weekend Countdown

Hey Fam!! Welcome back to (finally) another Hits 1 Weekend Countdown post! The last few weeks or so I've been busy every week so I wasn't able to post sadly... BUT I'm back for this week! I will be leaving again for vacation tomorrow to Destin BUT I'll only be gone till Wednesday:). This week Justin Timberlake is #1 again as I expected and I mean... yeah. let's get to the exits folks! here they are (sike there's only one):

• Gwen Stefani- Make Me Like You (#44) [wow finally]

Last weeks #1 song: Justin Timberlake- Can't Stop The Feeling (4)
The countdown.
45. Rihanna/Drake- Work (#41) [please please leave :)]
44. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Jet Black Heart (#38)
43. Zara Larsson/MNEK- Never Forget You (#37)
42. Lukas Graham- 7 Years (#42)
41. Jason Derulo- If It Ain't Love [ok... leave?¿]
40. Adele- Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (DEBUT)
39. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha- Me, Myself, And I (#45)
38. Meghan Trainor- NO (#40) [LEAVEEEEE!]
37. Selena Gomez- Hands To Myself (#35)
36. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato- Irresistible (#34)
35. Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias- Messin' Around (#30)
34. Zayn Malik- Pillowtalk (#32)
33. Fifth Harmony- Work From Home (#23)
32. DNCE- Cake By The Ocean (#31)
31. Flo Rida- My House (#33)
30. Panic! At The Disco- Victorious (#36) [WHY?!]
29. Troye Sivan- Youth (#29)
28. Ruth B.- Lost Boy (#26)
27. Selena Gomez- Kill Em With Kindess (#27)
26. All Time Low- Missing You (#28)
25. Kent Jones- Don't Mind (#39)
24. X Ambassadors- Unsteady (#12) [ouch.]
23. Shawn Mendes- Treat You Better (#22)
22. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez- We Don't Talk Anymore (#19)
21. Grace- You Don't Own Me (#16)
20. DNCE- Toothbrush (#20)
19. Alessia Cara- Wild Things (#18)
18. The Summer Set- Figure Me Out (#17)
17. Meghan Trainor- Me Too (#21)
16. OneRepublic- Wherever I Go (#24)
15. Timeflies- Once In A While (#25) [AYEEEE๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ]
14. Twenty One Pilots- Stressed Out (#15)
13. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo- Close (#14)
12. Calvin Harris/Rihanna- This Is What You Came For (#13)
11. James Bay- Let It Go (#5)
10. Taylor Swift- New Romantics (#9) [ya idk I grew back into it...]
9. Daya- Sit Still, Look Pretty (#11)
8. One Direction- History (#8)
7. Mike Posner- I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#4)
6. Ariana Grande- Dangerous Woman (#10)
5. Sia/Sean Paul- Cheap Thrills (#6)
4. Twenty One Pilots- Ride (#7)
3. The Chainsmokers/Daya- Don't Let Me Down (#2)
2. P!NK- Just Like Fire (#3) [wowwwwwwwwww]
1. Justin Timberlake- Can't Stop The Feeling (#1) [4th week @ #1!]

Biggest DROP! Of The Week: X Ambassadors- Unsteady (-12)

Biggest JUMP! Of The Week: Kent Jones- Don't Mind (+14)

Newbies!
~ Only one newbie (not sure it that's that's a word but) this week and it's Adele- Send My Love (To Your New Lover)! This song is good... but it's so prone to becoming old quickly. This is the sort of song that makes me mad the third time hearing it. It gets old THAT quick. Overall Adele's vocals are good and this song is very catchy but just.... it's not that great. for now this one is okay.

Send My Blurb To Your New Lover (DO IT NOW!)
~ Why the random six spot jump from Me, Myself, And I? This song should probably just leave. I still like it but I mean like it's taking up space at this point.

~ Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias- Messin' Around flopped BIG time! I thought we'd be seeing this song in the top 10 for a while but NOPE and I'm definitely not complaining. This song can leave next week to be honest. I don't care.

~ I find it hilarious and really sad that the first song that I really like on the countdown this week (first green song) is ALL THE WAY UP (no reference to another song intended) at #23! That is so sad. Just felt like addressing that๐Ÿ˜‚

~ I remember when almost every week on the countdown there'd be a 20 + spot jump or drop but not anymore. Now we get these stupid 12 spot drops and 14 spot jumps almost every week. C'mon Hits 1! Get more excitement on this countdown!

~ Suprisingly, Shawn Mendes- Treat You Better is one of my favorite songs on this countdown. I didn't like it much at first but it's a pretty good song. Hope this song does very well here.

~ I really really wish that G-Eazy were in the Hits 1 version of You Don't Own Me. He makes the SO much better. Without him in it the song still good but not close to the how good it is with him in it. I know he won't be added (almost 99.9999%) but whatever, just felt like saying this.

~ I can already see DNCE- Toothbrush becoming an insanely overplayed song that annoys me. I like it for now but I'm just bracing myself for the worst... :)

~ Dang!! Once In A While is #15! If this song hits top 10 I'll be really happy actually. This song is so much fun and it's actually really catchy. Wow. Hits 1 finally did something right. Congrats Hits 1๐Ÿ˜‚

~ One Direction- History is one of the worst songs I've heard so far this year. There is nothing good about it. No surprise it flopped altogether as a single.

~ I grew into Cheap Thrills so much this past week! This song would be a great #1 song but I'm honestly doubting that that happens :(

~ I also grew BACK into Twenty One Pilots- Ride a lot this past week. This song would also be GREAT as a #1!

~ Can't Stop The Feeling at #1 again is no surprise whatsoever. I'm still thinking this song will end with 9 or 10 weeks at #1. Just me though. What are your guesses?

Most Missed Song: Eminem/Nate Ruess- Headlights

#1 Reccomendation For Hits 1: Flume/Kai- Never Be Like You

Throwback Pick Of The Week: Far East Movement- Like A G6

My Top 5 Picks
5. Timeflies- Once In A While
4. Sia/Sean Paul- Cheap Thrills
3. DNCE- Toothbrush
2. Shawn Mendes- Treat You Better
1. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez- We Don't Talk Anymore

Thanks for reading Fam! I'm leaving for Destin tomorrow so I decided to post this TODAY for y'all to enjoy! I hope you guys have/had a great day and yeah... this outro hasn't been to eventful so as always...

- God 1st, God Bless ❤️

- Lance :))

6 comments:

  1. So I see that Me Too isn't even in your Top 5 anymore? :P Wasn't it in pink last time you were on this note?

    And I think I could see CSTF taking nine weeks at #1 and tying with Timber from 2014, at the least. Or it might end up being like Uptown Funk and See You Again and not getting any more from here. We'll see though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it'll definitely be interesting too see what happens there :)

      Delete