Friday, June 23, 2017

"New" Music Review/My Favorite Songs Right Now! | 6/23/17

Hey Guys! Welcome back! I hope y'all had a great day or have had a great day (depending on when you're reading this). I know I said this would be out last week but obviously that didn't happen so I'm typing this now on early Tuesday morning (legit 2:13 AM) and it should be out Friday! So yeah, happy Friday! Now onto the post:)

Basically in this post I will be "reviewing" some "new" music (by new i don't mean released yesterday if you're wondering) and giving my favorite ten songs at this moment! So yeah guys I'll review some songs first and give them a 1-10 rating and then we'll get to my favorite songs!

Song Reviews:

• David Guetta/Justin Bieber- 2U

Review: To give my overall opinion on the song I do believe this is a really good song. I think that Justin Bieber does really well with dance/EDM artists because like he's had, what, four songs with dance type artists and they've all been major hits (Cold Water, Let Me Love You, Where Are Ü Now, and now 2U). Clearly, something works with Bieber and this type of music. He also had #ThatPower with Will.i.am and that was a dance song as well. With that being said, I believe this song will be huge (it pretty much is already) and if you're an EDM artist looking for a hit you should probably look into getting Justin on an upcoming track (just saying).

Grades:
Beat: 9/10
Vocals: 10/10
Drop: 8/10 (good not great though)
Verses: 10/10
Lead into the drop (idk what this is called): 10/10

Overall Grade: 47/50

• Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious

Review: I actually listened to this song the day it released and I was actually really impressed. As you probably saw earlier this week this did debut on T45 Mania and for good reason because it's just a really good song. Actually I'm a bigger fan of Macklemore's verses on the song than Skylar Grey's chorus. THAT IS NOTHING AGAINST Skylar though because the chorus is actually very good aswell. This is the best song Macklemore has released since Can't Hold Us and it's definitely impressive.

Grades:
Beat: 10/10
Vocals (skylar's vocals): 8/10
Verses: 10/10
Chorus: 8/10
Lyrics (since I pay attention): 9/10

Overall Grade: 45/50

• Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane- Down

Review: This one took me about 5 listens or so to grow into but now i am definitely a fan. I actually thought that Gucci Mane made this track a lot a lot better. His verse added a lot to a song that's very chorus heavy and i think it helped a lot. Overall, this is a pretty good song and yeah!

Grades:
Beat: 8/10
Vocals: 8/10
Verses (5H): 3/5 |Gucci Mane: 5/5
Chorus: 7/10
Lyrics: 5/10

Overall Grade: 36/50

• DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller- Wild Thoughts

Review: .... And now to my favorite song on this review. I love the beat (yes ik it's from some Santana song or whatever) and Rihanna and Bryson were unbelievable choices for the features here. This song is a typical Lance song though. It has a good flow to it (something i love), it's not too repetitive (another thing i love), and the verses are long and stand out (something else i love). So yeah, check this song out;)

Grades:
Beat: 10/10
Vocals: 10/10
Verses (Rihanna): 5/5 | Bryson Tiller: 5/5
Chorus: 10/10
Lyrics: 7/10

Overall Grade: 47/50

My Ten Favorite Songs Right Now (10 being worst, 1 being best):

10. Major Lazer/Travis Scott/Camilla Cabello/Quavo- Know No Better

9. Thomas Rhett/Maren Morris- Craving You

8. David Guetta/Justin Bieber- 2U

7. Little Mix/Machine Gun Kelly- No More Sad Songs

6. Carly Rae Jepsen- Cut To The Feeling

5. Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious

4. Shakira/Maluma- Chantaje

3. Lecrae/Tori Kelly- I'll Find You

2. Jonas Blue/William Singe- Mama

1. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller- Wild Thoughts

So yeah... those are my favorite ten songs at this moment in time! Leave your thoughts on them below (if you want) and i strongly recommend checking out numbers 3 and 2 because they're probably the two least known songs on there. Anyways, onto the outro!

Thanks for reading this post guys! I hope you enjoyed it and if you're new I hope you return again:)! I'm really happy to kinda be back into the whole blogging thing again and I'll definitely try to be more consistent. Remember to leave any thoughts you have on the songs i mentioned today or on any other new songs that you want to talk about. I hope you guys have a great rest of your day and as always...

- G1GB ❤️

- Lance :)) (love y'all;)!)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ^This guy hates DJ Khaled btw

      Delete
    2. Wild Thoughts's chorus is repetitive

      Delete
    3. If it makes you any happier the chorus is my least favourite part😁

      Delete
  2. The only song on here I care for is Wild Thoughts. And you should listen to the album, it's great!

    ReplyDelete