Sunday, May 10, 2015

50K Babyyyy!

Did that seriously happen? I guess so! You guys seriously don't know how much hitting 50K Pageviews really means to me. I can't explain how much it means. This blog started almost a year ago (May 17th, 2014) and we were at 0 Pageviews. I really didn't think I'd hit 50K before the year Mark, but I also thought hitting 5K was cool back then. I know throughout all this time I've been veryyyyy inconsistent with posting (like right now....) but with my school year ending on May 21st I will probably be able to post a lot and guess what (What Lance?¿!)! Weekend Countdown Predictions are returning to the blog along with the WhatUWant countdown!! Last year my predictions were on fleek (like how I said Love Runs Out would hit #1 and no one believed me and then it hit #1....). This post has two parts. The 1st is a popular music video review & the second is a Billboard Music Awards review (those are Next Sunday!). Ok let's get to the review! I will review the video and the song and make an overall out of 100 rating. The color code will be used (I'll stop talking now. Let's go!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fetty Wap- Trap Queen

Review: Now I do like the song... a lot! Actually, though, I only sorta like the music video!! I feel like it's a bit random but I can still I understand it! I believe a Trap Queen is a female who is street smart and likes the hip hip/trap culture. Overall it's a very highly viewed music video and I'm pretty sure that's because of vine........... The overall rating is........  88-100 (B)

T Wayne- Nasty Freestyle

Review: I have to be the only in the blog Fam that likes this song. I'm sure as heck sure that Adrian hates it! I'm very sure everyone else hates it to! This song is popular cos of vine (pretty much all hip hop songs) and I'm happy about it! A fun beat to jam out with a very plain but cool music video!! I love it how he used completely random lyrics to make the song weirdly make sense (that made no sense....). I really like this song and I'm suprised so many people hate it (actually not really??). Overall the rating is..... 93-100 (A)!

Meghan Trainor- Dear Future Husband

Review: Well, lots of people hate this one. Let me review my thoughts on the song first, shall I? The song is beautifully made using a different type of beat that I weirdly find attractive! The song kind of faded away but when the music video released this song had skyrocketed to #11 on ITunes! My thoughts on the music video are this: Genius! She made a genius video that made perfect sense with the lyrics and couldn't be pleased with it! I don't know how she could have produced a video better and the overall rating is...... 97-100 (A+)

Omi- Cheerleader

Review: Wow! Talk about a song growing on you!! I love this song! My Summer 2K15 jam right here! The music video has 73M views and the song has reached #28 on ITunes! This song is cool and it has a really cool music video to! I don't have many thoughts on the music video other than the fact I absolutely love the way Omi is dressed. He has a very swagged out look (#OutfitonFleek) and it fit nicely! Overall I give this one a........ 94-100 (A)

Major Lazer/Mø/DJ Snake- Lean On

Review: So Major Lazer is apparently Diplo? Anyway, Diplo (or Major Lazer) did a great job making this song, whichever one it was, obviously (Major Lazer or Diplo). The music video impressed me the most though! I love the setting! I love the outfits. I love everything! It will definitely be a big hit everywhere (including Hits 1) so be ready! Overall this one deserves a....... 89-100 (B+++++)

Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth- See You Again

The all so popular tribute to Paul Walker is our last song for the evening so here we go! This music Video made me cry, flat out tears. I'm not the kind of person either that is affected by this kind of stuff. I have never watched a F&F furious movie (I've also thought they were cool). This song and the video were so beautifully made. The Music Video has 220M views right now. This song is currently sitting at #1  on the BT100 and actually dethroned Uptown Funk (Trap Queen is #2). I give this beautiful song a....... 100-100 (A). RIP Paul Walker. Your just one lap ahead!

Well that's it you guys (until part 2!). I hope you guys all have a great end to your school year and a great week! Here's to 100,000 Pageviews! Until then guys, as always.....


#G1GB









7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lance. We love reading your blog. :)

    Quick question: Have you heard The Script - No Good in Goodbye, and if so what's your opinion of it? It peaked at #2 on the Pulse Top 15, and it topped my own Continental Chart for two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thatchy!!

      Now on to that question. I really should have listend to that one earlier. I just actually listend to it for the first time. Let me say I enjoyed it! Sounds kinda like a song from the 80s. My mom said it sounded like her favorite band "Duran Duran". Overall I'd give that one a.... 86-100 (B+)!

      Delete
    2. Another song you should check out:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeINWQDg7zg

      (I am still mourning its loss on the Alt-18.)

      Delete
    3. And what about my "JAM", possibly the BEST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD, Stressed Out?

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

      Delete
  2. THIS SUMMER'S GONNA HURT LIKE A MOTHER, AH-HA

    AH-HA


    Yeah, the new Maroon 5 song is stuck in my head. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekend Countdown - May 16, 2015

    Exits:
    Life of Dillon - Overload (#27)
    Ella Henderson - Ghost (#28)

    Last Week's #1 Song: Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (1)
    #45. Zedd/Selena Gomez - I Want You to Know (-14)
    #44. Sam Smith/John Legend - Lay Me Down (-14)
    #43. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (-3) {6 Weeks @ #1}
    #42. Natalie La Rose/Jeremih - Somebody (-21)
    #41. Sheppard - Geronimo (+4)
    #40. Eden xo - The Weekend (+2)
    #39. Hozier - Take Me to Church (-3)
    #38. Tori Kelly - Nobody Love (+6)
    #37. Fall Out Boi - Centuries (-5)
    #36. MAGIC! - No Way No (debut)
    #35. Nick Jonas - Jealous (+4)
    #34. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life (+0)
    #33. Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband (debut)
    #32. Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One (+11)
    #31. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (-2) {SO MANY WEEKS @ #1}
    #30. Ryn Weaver - OctaHate (+11)
    #29. One Direction - Night Changes (+4)
    #28. Marlon Roudette - When the Beat Drops Out (-3)
    #27. Cody Simpson - New Problems (-3)
    #26. Katy Tiz - Whistle [While You Work It] (-7)
    #25. Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love (+14)
    #24. Ariana Grande - One Last Time (-2)
    #23. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack/Bebe Rexha - Hey Mama (+0)
    #22. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (+13)
    #21. Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love (+16)
    #20. AJR - Infinity (-6)
    #19. The Weeknd - Earned It (-4)
    #18. R5 - Let's Not Be Alone Tonight (+0)
    #17. George Ezra - Budapest (-5)
    #16. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up (-6)
    #15. Nick Jonas - Chains (+5)
    #14. Echosmith - Bright (+12)
    #13. Flo Rida/Sage the Gemini/Lookas - GDFR (-4)
    #12. All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (+4)
    #11. Tove Lo - Talking Body (+2)
    #10. Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (-5)
    #9. Jason Derülo - Want to Want Me (+2)
    #8. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (-1) {3 Weeks @ #1}
    #7. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (-3) {4 Weeks @ #1}
    #6. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (+0)
    #5. Taylor Swift - Style (+3) {1 Week @ #1}
    #4. Maroon 5 - Sugar (-1) {2 Weeks @ #1}
    #3. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (+14)
    #2. Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (-1) {1 Week @ #1}
    #1. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (+1) {2nd Week @ #1}

    Biggest DROP!!!…of the Week: Natalie La Rose/Jeremih - Somebody (-21)
    Biggest Jump of the Week: Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love (+16)

    ReplyDelete