Monday, May 18, 2015

Billboard Music Awards- Review W/ Lance








Yeeeeet! So as you BETTER know the BBMA'S (Billboard Music Awards) were on yesterday night and tbh they were entertaining! This music award show is actually my 2nd favorite behind the Grammy's! Alright I'll give my review on each performance and.... a rating out of 10! Ok, ok let's get started!


Taylor Swift & Kendrick Lamar- Bad Blood


Comments: I was impressed! My initial thoughts on the song were that it was okay. It was on T45 a lil while and that's all. Now though, I love it! Kendrick Lamar added so much to the song and im actually really enjoying his other song as well, King Kunta! I love the music video and to be honest I think this is Taylor's new hit. Well it is but you know (do you know?).... Rate: 9-10


Van Halen- Panama


Comments: Whatever. I really don't care about this performance. It was just another performance for people that like rock music (hint: not me!). Rate: 3-10


Fall Out Boy & Wiz Khalifa- Uma Thurman


Comments: I actually like this song, a lot. Fall Out Bot really never disappoints live. If you disagree please don't judge my opinion (because I'm clearly right...). The Wizard (another terrible Lance nickname) did a great job of adding life to this performance! I ended up really liking this performance and actually singing along near the end. Rate: 7.5-10


Nick Jonas- Jealous


Comments: This song is bland and old now. The Rate is: 6.5-

10 performance was good but the song isn't anymore. This song was good back in October, November, and December. Sorry Nick, no one likes it anymore (hint: We need new music from you!). Rate: 6.5-10

Meghan Trainor & John Legend- Like I'm gonna lose you


Comments: I, for some weird reason, loved this performance! It was just good (Yes Lance, it was!). I had a feeling she would perform Dear Future Husband (my favorite on the SXMHits1 weekend countdown) but she didn't! This one was good. Rate: 8-10


Mariah Carey- Vision of love/Infinity


Comments: Hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't like either song or the performance. How, Lance, can you put that in short terms??¿¿ Short Term: 0-10



Empire cast people- Conquerer/You're So Beautiful


Comments:  Tbh, I actually enjoyed this. When they were introduced to song I was kinda like, "Ok, imma check my text messages", but actually I for some reason, started singing along to Conquerer... Yes guys, I did. Rate: 8.5-10


The Wizard/Charles Puth/Lindsey Stirling- See You Again


Comments: Put a great song together with a great performance. Here's whatcha get: 10-10! Yes folks, we have found our 1st (and possibly only) 10-10!


Hozier- Take Me To Church


Comments: I didn't watch this performance. I just can't 

stand the song. So, this morning I turned on YouTube with the volume down at 0 and just watched the performance. 
Overall I got a: 5.5-10. Hey it's better than nothing....

Little Big Town & Faith Hill- Girl Crush


Comments: This is an okay song. The performance was okay as well. Again, this just really didn't interest me! I rate it a: 7.5-10


Pitbull & Breezy- fun


Comments: What. A. Performance. I just enjoyed this song so much! Definitely my new jam! It's a groovy Michael Jackson-ish tune! Obviously I kinda sorta do like Breezy's parts more..... sorry Mr. Worldwide, it's just true!! Rate: 10-10


Ed Sheeran- Bloodstream


Comments: This was pretty good. I thought he'd do photograph but that's fine. Rate: 7-10. 


Britney & Iggy- Pretty Girls


Comments: "All around the world pretty girls...". This performance was really good! Definitely one of the better ones tonight. I really like the song as well. Overall I liked it so: 9-10


Nicki Minaj & David Guetta- The Night is still young/Hey Mama


Comments: I didn't care for anything about this performance.... it was just bad! Rate- 2-10


Tori Kelly- Nobody Love


Comments: I feel she did good! The song is old but she did good. The performance was an entertaining thing to watch (Not really, Lance!). Rate: 6.5-10


Ok guys, so I'm not the going to cover the rest or list the awards. But, you can head to Adrian's blog (if you haven't already) and see his review! It was fun to read! He has the awards and everything I don't have over there! This is my first time blogging in almost a month! I shouldn't have done this to you guys :(. Please forgive me! Thanks you :). My Summer vacation starts on Friday (no school on Friday) so guys, Countdown Predictions, WhatUWant, and all the normal posts from LAST Summer will return. Also, I want to give you guys a quick thank you for getting me through a year of blogging! I started this blog on May 17th or 18th last year! Thanks for all your support, guys! YOU are the reason I'm here. I put that in bold for a reason (hint: it's very important!). I Love you guys so much and remember as always......


- God 1st, God Bless


~ Lancy (<3 you guys!)


18 comments:

  1. Nicki Minaj and David Guetta's performance was awesome!!! Lance and I still can't agree on some things. Same with Hozier's performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicki Minaj and Guetta wasn't good! I don't think Nicki's choice of clothing was half decent. Hey Mama was okay and The Night is still young is a good song, but the performance was terrible!

      As for Hozier, I don't have an issue with the performance. I have an issue with the song. I can't listen to this song anymore! It's so old. He really needs to come out with some new music....

      Delete
    2. Honestly, Minaj's and Guetta's performance of Hey Mama is the one performance I keep watching over and over again.

      Delete
    3. Actually, Hozier's next single from his self-titled album is Someone New. IT'S GREAT.

      Delete
    4. It's pretty good! Like tbh it's not the best, but it's good.

      Delete
  2. Will u do the sidebars over summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually updated them summer style last night!

      Delete
    2. Actually he did. He updated the "Weekly News Flash".

      Delete
  3. Have you guys seen the music video for Bad Blood yet? It's AWESOMAZING!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it's the best video ever, but it REALLY fits well with the song. :D

      Delete
    2. We all saw the premiere of the video during the BBMAs on Sunday

      Delete
  4. Billboard music award, I had never seen the video for Taylor Swift-Bad Blood yet and I did not watch the Billboard music awards because it took 8 hours from Bethesda to here(Larchmont) and I found it very painful the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I was at home, but I flippin' forgot to TAPE it! So I basically missed the whole entire show!
    D:
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Mashup Song Title: This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like A Mother Father Gentleman!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love This Summer's Gonna Hurt, don't you, Remy? :)

      Delete
    2. Why, yes. Yes I do. As a matter of fact, didn't it debut on the Continental Chart and the Weekend Countdown this week?
      Yeppers. :D
      -Remy

      Delete