Saturday, June 14, 2014

Imagine Dragons (2)- Week of June 14th, 2014

This week was there were a lot of ups and downs on the countdown but at least a good song is at #1 right? Before we get to this weeks top 45 here are the songs that are leaving:

Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie- Keep on keeping on (#45)

Demi Lovato- Neon Lights (#44)

Hot Chelle Rae- Don't Say Goodnight (#35)

Pharrell Williams- Happy (#40)

Last weeks #1 song: Imagine Dragons- On top of the world
The countdown
45. Tiësto- Red Lights (#43) (this is bad)
44. Fall out boy- Alone Together (#42)
43. Jason Derulo- Talk Dirty (#13) [Okayyyyyyy]
42. Haim- The Wire (#38)
41. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J- Calling all hearts (#29)
40. Lorde- Team (re-entrant) {What!!!}
39. Timeflies- All the Way (debut) {YESSS}
38. MKTO- Classic (#37)
37. Jennifer Lopez- First Love (debut)
36. Imagine Dragons- Radioactive (#34) [can you just leave]
35. DJ Snake/Lil Jon- Turn Down for What (debut) {finally}
34. AJR- I'm Ready (#39)
33. OneRepublic- Counting Stars (#36) [Smh]
32. Sia- Chandelier (#41)
31. Disclosure/Sam Smith- Latch (#31)
30. Fall out Boy- Young Volcanoes (#31)
29. Cher Lloyd- Sirens (#25)
28. KONGOS- Come with me now (#28)
27. One Direction- You and I (#30)
26. Pitbull/G.R.L.- Wild Wild Love (#26)
25. Imagine Dragons- Demons (#23)
24. Katy Perry- Dark Horse (#9)
23. Halsey- Ghost (#27)
22. Olly Murs- Dance with me Tonight (#17)
21. Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg- Wiggle (#24)
20. Ariana Grande- Problem (#33) {Yesssss}
19. Nico and Vinz- Am I Wrong (#18)
18. Bleachers- I Wanna Get Better (#21)
17. Magic!- Rude (#22)
16. Paramore- Ain't it fun (#16) {I'm over it}
15. Calvin Harris- Summer (#15)
14. Oh Honey- Be Okay (#12)
13. Katy Perry- Birthday (#19)
12. Neon Trees- Sleeping with a Friend (#3) 
11. Glenn Morrison- Goodbye (#11)
10. Bastille- Pompeii (#8)
9. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX- Fancy (#20)
8. American Authors- Best day of my life (#14) [really???]
7. Justin Timberlake- Not a Bad Thing (#3)
6. Rixton- Me and my Broken Heart (#10)
5. John Legend/Tiësto- All of me (#2)
4. Ed Sheeran- Sing (#7)
3. OneRepublic- Love Runs Out (#8) [our next #1?]
2. 5 Seconds of Summer- She looks so Perfect (#5)
1. Imagine Dragons- On Top of the World (#1) {2nd week at #1}

Biggest drop of the week!!!!???!: Jason Derulo- Talk Dirty (-30) 

Biggest jump!!!! Of the week....: Ariana Grande- Problem (+13) [that may be our smallest biggest jump ever]

New Entrants
~ Our first entrant is a re-entrant and it's Lorde- Team which I did expect this because I heard it a lot during the week but really it better not be a Dance with me Tonight type of thing.

~ my dream came true as Timeflies- All the Way entered the countdown and remember last week I said maybe it could magically enter the countdown and it did so thank you Hits 1 gods!!!

~ Jennifer Lopez- First Love enters the countdown at #37 and hopefully it keeps on moving up and maybe even into the top 10 because this song has good potential to stay here a long time.

~ our fourth and final entrant is running "a little" late and it is DJ Snake/Lil Jon- Turn down for What and I'm pretty sure this song will reach #1 a few times and have a very successful career in Hits 1.

Hitbound
~ Hits 1 granted another one of my requests by putting Charli XCX- Boom Clap on hitbound and I'm very happy because I think this song could challenge Ariana Grande- Problem for best song on the countdown.

~ Coldplay/Avicii- A Sky full of Stars is on hitbound, I hope this song debuts soon because it is very catchy and it's "good."

If you were my first blurb
~ So, Imagine Dragons- On top of the world is #1 I was not expecting that.

~ Ariana Grande- Problem should be in the top 5 by now it has been #1 on the billboard charts for like 5 weeks now!!!

~ I think I'm the only one who likes Magic!- Rude and AJR- I'm ready.

~ I'm over Paramore- Ain't it fun it's to old same with Justin Timberlake- Not a Bad Thing

~ It looks like Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX- Fancy could be #1 someday!!!

~ Bastille- Pompeii really needs to have a HUGE drop next week.

~ Speaking of HUGE drops Jason Derulo- Talk Dirty dropped 30 spots all the way to #43!!!

~ I think this weeks jump if the week is the smallest one of all-time. Really, 13 spots?

~ Tiësto must want Red Lights of the countdown or 
something because it's #45 in its third week on the countdown!

~ It seems like Disclosure/Sam Smith- Latch is at #32 or #31 every week it really needs to jump or drop.

~ Nico and Vinz - Am I Wrong needs to take that jump to the top 10. really???

~ I'm calling it right now next week Olly Murs- Dance with me Tonight will be #7 on the countdown. 

~ Hot Chelle Rae- Don't say Goodnight dropped out of the countdown quickly 2 weeks ago it was #15.

~ Finally.... Pharrell- Happy has left (hurray).

Top 5 songs:
5. Nico and Vinz- Am I Wrong
4. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX- Fancy
3. DJ Snake/Lil Jon- Turn down for What
2. Sia- Chandelier
1. Ariana Grande- Problem (4)

If we get to 1,000 Pageviews this weekend I will do a SPECIAL post!!!

4 comments: