Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Wizard & The Mexican Demon (3) | June 13th, 2015





AHHHHH YEEEEETTTTTT! I can't wake up for this Weeknd countdown anymore guys (oops! Spelled Weekend  wrong) so basically I'm reading Thatchos comment that gives me the countdown. Shoutout to you. Your the real M.V.P. :). (Lance thinks: You really need to get on with this post now!). Ok, here are the songs exiting our ugly & lovely countdown :)

Sheppard- Geronimo (#23) [Nice having ya]

Flo Rida/Sage The Gemini/Lookas- GDFR (#40)

Last weeks #1 song: Walk The Moon- Shut Up And Dance
The countdown:
45. The Weeknd- Earned It (#45)
44. Fall Out Boy- Centuries (#33)
43. Marlon Roudette- When The Beat Drops Out (#42)
42. Taylor Swift- Blank Space (#44)
41. Katy Tiz- Whistle (While You Work It) (#26)
40. Rachel Platton- Fight Song (Debut) [Idk what to caption]
39. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy- Wrapped Up (#38)
38. Sam Smith/John Legend- Lay Me Down (#43)
37. Jess Glynne- Hold My Hand (Debut)
36. Cody Simpson- New Problems (#29)
35. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars- Uptown Funk (#28)
34. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor- Marvin Gaye (#27)
33. Ella Henderson- Ghost (#38)
32. Nick Jonas- Jealous (#31)
31. Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud (#16)
30. Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi- I Need Your Love (#26)
29. One Direction- Night Changes (#36)
28. DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge- You Know You Like It (#22)
27. Maroon 5- Sugar (#25)
26. Pitbull/Chris Brown- Fun (#24)
25. Meghan Trainor- Dear Future Husband (#41)
24. Magic!- No Way No (#34)
23. George Ezra- Budapest (#13)
22. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/Mø- Lean On (#30)
21. All Time Low- Something's Gotta Give (#20)
20. Nick Jonas- Chains (#15)
19. Twenty One Pilots- Tear In My Heart (#35)
18. Bea Miller- Fire N Gold (#21)
17. Ed Sheeran- Photograph (#39)
16. Fifth Harmony/The Ghost Of Kid Ink- Worth It (#19)
15. Echosmith- Bright (#9)
14. Carly Rae Jepsen- I Really Like You (#17)
13. D. Guetta/N. Minaj/B. Rexha/Afrojack- Hey Mama (#10)
12. One Direction- Where Do Broken Hearts Go (#11)
11. Sam Hunt- Take Your Time (#18)
10. Taylor Swift- Style (#13)
9. Fall Out Boy- Uma Thurman (#12)
8. Ellie Goulding- Love Me Like You Do (#4)
7. Maroon 5- This Summer's Gonna Hurt (#7)
6. Tove Lo- Talking Body (#6)
5. Andy Grammer- Honey I'm Good (#5)
4. Jason Derulo- Want To Want Me (#8)
3. Taylor Swift- Bad Blood (#3)
2. Walk The Moon- Shut Up And Dance (#1)
1. The Wizard/The Mexican Demon- See You Again (#2)

The Biggest DROP of the week: Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud (-15)

The Biggest JUMP of the week: Ed Sheeran- Photograph (+22)

New entrants
~ (Lance checks ITunes: Wow! This song is #2?). Yes indeed Fight Song is #2 on ITunes and it is Rachel Platton's First ever countdown worthy song! This song is really good and I feel it can be in the top 5, hey maybe it'll even hit the all awesome #1 spot? Who knows! For now this song is incredibly 
good and I look forward to it's tenure on this countdown!

~ So Jess Glynne is back with her 2nd countdown song and if you remember she starred in Clean Bandit's major 2014 Summer hit Rather Be! I like this song but I don't feel it really fits in with the rest of this countdown so I put it in my no opinion color. This will probably be a middle of the road type of song that peaks in the teens.

Want to blurb me
~ The Weeknd- Earned It is just gonna be a song that hangs out at #45 for 3 weeks. Oh no! This is bringing back memories of that Sleeping With A Friend song. I actually liked that one for a while. What this has to do with the countdown idk... let me stop!

~ Will Taylor Swift- Blank Space please leave? This song has become extremely annoying and tbh I needs to leave!

~ I grew a little back into Katy Tiz- Whistle (While You Work It) if you couldn't already tell by the color coding. I actually kinda hope it doesn't leave next week (even though it may :()

~ Before I forget I would love to thank Sheppard- Geronimo for it's long nine months spent on this countdown (yeah nine!). This song peaked in the top 5 and I'm looking forward to it being on the end of the year chart! Speaking of end of the year charts tha brings up my next blurb!

~ Ariana Grande- One Last Time left the countdown last week as we all know and I have one question. Will this song be on the end of year chart? If you don't remember it peaked 
at #7 (something like that) and it dropped quickly off. It didn't last very long here but the peak spot was pretty high. I think it'll make it as #44 or #45 but you never know because we had a #1 song from last year
not make the chart and that song was in fact Jason Derulo- Talk Dirty

~ It would be nice if Ella Henderson- Ghost and Nick Jonas- Jealous would make their way out the exit doors soon. That would be nice and it would open the door for more worthy songs to enter the countdown.

~ Make that two straight weeks of Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud having that biggest DROP of the week! Let's make this song drop off next week. No one vote for it! I don't care if you like it! DO NOT VOTE FOR IT OR ELSE I WILL.... Do something!

~ Magic!- No Way No has recovered from the treacherous waters of the mid 30's! Now let's get this song to the top 10! Everyone vote for this song!!! Do anything you can to get this song to the top 10!

~ Well guys, I officially have two least favorite songs on this countdown. 
Maroon 5- Sugar & One Direction- Night Changes Nothing beats how annoying these two songs have become and thankfully both bands have another song higher up the countdown that I can listen to instead...

~ It is time I think for George Ezra- Budapest to start hitting the exit. I have become tired and I'm pretty sure everyone has. I'm not expecting a quick leave just don't jump into the top 20 again please?

~ Twenty One Pilots- Tear In My Heart is so catchy I can't see it not hitting the top 10! Let's keep this song jumping! #TearInMyHeartForTheTop10

~ Ed Sheeran had the biggest jump and drop of the week! There's your fun fact... ;)

~ If Sam Hunt- Take Your Time gets to big I may get annoyed. This song doesn't need to jump anywhere past #5. It just shouldn't...

~ #TBT Song of the week: June 14th, 2014- Rixton- Me & My Broken Heart (forgot about this one...)

#1 recommendation for Hits 1: Rich Homie Quan- Flex (Ooh Ooh Ooh) [PLEASE!! I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!]

My top 5
5. Twenty One Pilots- Tear In My Heart
4. Taylor Swift- Bad Blood
3. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor- Marvin Gaye
2. Ed Sheeran- Photograph
1. Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink's Ghost- Worth It

Thanks for reading the post! Remember if you could please take a little time out of your day to go vote for our songs of the Summer in the sidebar labeled Ultimate Summer Soundtrack Voting because that would mean a lot! I'm gonna um go eat lunch now so yea love u Fam and as always...

~ God 1st, God Bless

- Lancy! (love u Fam!)

11 comments:

  1. My number 1 reccomwndation for hits 1 is actually silento-watch me(whip/nae nae)
    1.why did u grow back into WHISTLE WHILE U LEAVE THIS DAMN COUNTDOWN
    2.hate earned it please leave
    3.screw no way no its not popular anywhere but here and there are way better songs here i aint voting for it and im also gonna vot for thinking out loud
    4.how do u like want to want me and budapest became the worst song on the countdown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch your language Mikey ;)
      Whistle became catchy again last week.
      Want To Want me is better than Budapest, that's why everyone likes it besides you & Adrian & unknown people who I don't care about (#notreallytho)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Lance, for the shoutout. It means a lot. :)

    I don't even get up that early. I do, however, have Hits 1 on TV. So I set it to record, get up, and play the recording. I can't really see myself getting up at 5 a.m. on a Saturday. :|

    But thanks again for the shout-out! I'm happy to be part of the squad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I cannot wake up at 5:00 AM on a Saturday. I usually wake up around 8:30 or 9:00 AM Central Time.

      Delete
    2. Your so welcome Thatchy! On another note, I know right! They should seriously start this countdown at like 8:00 ET (my time zone).

      Delete
  3. 26. Pitbull/Chris Brown - Fun*
    12. One Direction - Where Do Broken Hearts Go*

    I don't think One Last Time will make the Year End Countdown. I think songs that make the year end countdown should've had somewhat of a long tenure (I'm not looking forward to where Geronimo will be ranked). I think Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty didn't make the year-end chart because it didn't last very long compared to other songs. Even though it hit #1 for two weeks, it dropped to #43 three weeks after. Here's how it went (starting from its first week at #1):

    #1 --> #1 --> #6 --> #13 --> #43

    So yeah. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, it's Rachel Platten with and "e" not an "o". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know that! I um just didn't think anyone would notice that Lance doesn't know how to spell ;)

      Delete
    2. I noticed that but I chose not to say anything, even though I corrected you on two song title errors.

      Delete
    3. Everyone notices Lance's mistakes ;(

      I really don't care tho ;)

      Delete
  5. 5 Songs that are as old as dirt and need to leave NOW:
    Centuries
    "Crapped Up"
    Ghost
    Jealous
    Night Changes
    Also, question of the day (this is just for this week): Who here has a dog? If so, what breed, boy/girl, and name, age, et cetera. (Optional, if you have more than one, give info about him/her also)
    :)
    This'll be interesting, to say the least.
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete