Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lance Reviews: Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande (ALBUM)

A collage of embarrassing photos of me because you guys love these right?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Also btw, I put this in after my comment at the end of the post so yeah πŸ˜‚




Remember when I did album reviews in like.... September?

- Hey guys and welcome back!!! I just noticed I've been posting a lot on this blog lately and I'm back. You know I'm very dedicated πŸ˜‚. I think I did like two.. maybe two album reviews way back last year and I'm back (I've said I'm back twice in the intro... smh). I will review Ariana Grande's- Dangerous Woman album today! It's weird but I actually enjoyed this .. a lot. I hope talk enjoy and I'll see you after review!

Standout Songs:
~ First off on our standout songs we have Into You and this is a song I love! There's no long instrumental at the beggining of the song as Ariana kinda just gets right to it. The main reason, though, that this is a standout is that the chorus is unbelievable! Trust me, just give it a listen. The songs goes 0-100 real real quick when the chorus hits. other than that this is overall a pretty solid track and one that'll probably be on the radio at sometime.

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentrals: 9/10
Lyrics: 8/10
Chorus: 10/10
Catchy factor: 10/10
Featured Artist (if there is one): DNA (Does Not Apply)

Overall Grade: 47/50

~ 2nd on our standout songs we have Side To Side featuring Nicki Minaj! This song has an island flow to it and I like that! Now I actually don't find this song that "catchy" so for me to enjoy it I can't listen every other minute. Nicki Minaj does pretty well on this song I guess and other than that it's
quite good. Onto the grades!

Vocals: 9/10 (because of Nicki)
Instrumentals: 9/10
Lyrics: 7.5/10
Chorus: 9/10
Catchy factor: 7/10
Featured Artist: 8/10

Overall Grade: 50.5/60

~ This next song has to be one of my favorites! It's Let Me Love You featuring Lil Wayne! Being someone that likes more rap type music, I really enjoy this one. Ariana kills the verses as she kinda leads us on with her whispering and
then the chorus just kills it! Lil Wayne doesn't hurt this track and I actually find his verse quite good. This one is one the albums best, hands down.

Vocals: 9.5/10
Instrumentals: 9.5/10
Lyrics: 6.5/10
Chorus: 9.5/10
Catchy Factor: 8.5/10
Featured Artist: 9/10

Overall Grade: 52.5/60

~ Last on our standout songs list we have Be Alright! This one isn't one of my favorites honestly but it is indeed pretty dancy... if that's a word. Most people have said they love this song and can't stop dancing to it so yeah! I did listen to it all the way through so here is my grade!

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 9.5/10
Lyrics: 7.5/10
Chorus: 8/10
Catchy Factor: 8/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 43/50

Good Songs
~ Since I've already covered some of the songs I like I'll cover the other few I like. First off we have the lead single Dangerous Woman. I'm sure pretty much everyone here knows this song but I'll point out the strong points anyways! I love the chorus here! She's kinda going more deep on the vocals and the maturity shows on the chorus big time! I also like the bridge on this song (between the 2nd chorus and the final chorus) because the instrumental really builds up to that final chorus! Overall, this is a pretty good song and here is my grade!

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 9/10
Lyrics: 8/10
Chorus: 9.5/10
Catchy Factor: 7.5/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 44/50

~ Next up we have Greedy, this is pretty much your typical pop-dance type song but I like it. Honestly her voice on this song is unbelievable as usual but I like it a lot on this song! She absolutely kills the high notes on this one and gives it even more of the dance feel! I'm not sure if I like this enough to debut T45 Mania but it's pretty good.

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 9.5/10
Lyrics: 7.5/10
Chorus: 8.5/10
Catchy Factor: 9/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 42.5/50

~ Third on this list we have Leave Me Lonely featuring Macy Gray! This song is vocally unbelievable! There voices together sounds amazing and I like it lot. The background in this noises (is that the word?) on this song are haunting (Ina. Good wayπŸ˜‚) and I can't see myself exactly loving this song because of it's slow tempo but it's actually a good song.

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 8.5/10
Lyrics: 9/10
Chorus: 8/10
Catchy Factor: 7.5/10
Featured Artist (Macy Gray): 8.5/10

Overall Grade: 51.5/60

~ Last on my good songs I have Everyday featuring Future! The lyrical content on this song, I'll be honest, isn't good. Ok like c'mon Ariana, you could've done better. She does make up for that on other songs though so I'm okay. This song does indeed though show her maturity again and I think Future does a okay/good job on the chorus and his verse! I also do love Ariana's verses here as she kills it vocally! Overall, the lyrics aren't great but if you can get by that, this is a pretty good song!

Vocals: 9.5/10 (because of Future)
Instrumentals: 8.5/10
Lyrics: 6.5/10
Chorus: 8.5/10
Catchy Factor: 10/10
Featured Artist: 8/10

Overall Grade: 51/60

Neutral/Bad Songs
~ Now let's move onto the songs I don't like as much. First let's start with the 15th and final song here called Thinking Bout You. This song just doesn't work for her I don't think. Yeah sure her vocals are pretty good but other than that I'm not feeling it at all. The chorus is a disappointment and the only good song in my opinion is basically the lead up to the chorus. Yeah, that's all I can say. Here's my grade.

Vocals: 9.5/10
Instrumentals: 7.5/10
Lyrics: 7.5/10
Chorus: 5/10
Catchy Factor: 6/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 35.5/50 (ouch.)

~ next up we have I Don't Care. I honestly have the same issue with this song as I did with Thinking Bout You. I can't get into this sound with her. Also what kinda lyrics are "I Don't Care About It Anymore"? Sorry but this doesn't work for me at all. If another artist sang this song, maybe it's good but not with Ariana. I don't really like much here so here's my grade:

Vocals: 9.5/10
Instrumentals: 7.5/10
Lyrics: 7/10
Chorus: 5/10
Catchy Factor: 5/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 34/50 (even more ouch.)

~ This next one I'm pretty neutral on and it's Sometimes. I do think this song fits Ariana's voice pretty well. I also like the chorus a lot and the verses are good. I just am not a big fan of the build up to the chorus (the lead up if that's a better word) but overall this song isn't that bad. If I had to categorize it I'd say: "on the fringe of becoming good".

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 8/10
Lyrics: 9/10
Chorus: 9/10
Catchy Factor: 8.5/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 44.5/50 (this'll probably be good very soon.)

~ This next one, Bad Decisions, definitely reminds me of another dance type of pop song. Again, just like with Sometimes I'm very neutral with this one but it's definitely growing on me! I love the beginning of the chorus but I'm not a big fan of the end of the chorus. I also love the verses on this song so yeah, this one I'd definitively growing on me!

Vocals: 10/10
Instrumentals: 9.5/10
Lyrics: 8/10
Chorus: 8.5/10
Catchy Factor: 10/10
Featured Artist: DNA

Overall Grade: 46/50

~ That's it guys! Mind you, these "grades" I'm giving aren't exactly all the way true. Because according to my grade on Bad Decisions that would be almost as good as Into You. That is not true. If I were to evaluate the whole song and not just certain parts it'd different. As usual, thanks for reading the post and comment below your thoughts on the album and what other albums i should review! Since I'm releasing this on a Thursday evening, T45 Mania may be delayed due to the Weekend Countdown being on a Saturday I try to not post T45 Mania/The Weekend Countdown on back to back days so T45 will probably be delayed till Monday or Tuesday! Dang this outro was long but I'm gonna go now guys I love y'all so much... And as always...

- God 1st, God BlessπŸ™✌️πŸ”₯❤️

- also, btw the reason there's no picture at the beginning of this post is because I ran out of them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Would u mind if I did something like this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous Woman sucks but the rest of the album is not bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i mean Dangerous Woman is alright but like nothing special and yeah the album is pretty good

      Delete
    2. Wrong, Dangerous Woman is so bad!!!

      Delete
  3. You had to do out of 60. I can do out of 40, 50, heck even 30. But 60? Proves scrubbyness (if thats even a thing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahahπŸ˜‚ I'll do out of 80 next time to increase the scrub level cause ya know πŸ˜‚

      Delete
    2. πŸš•πŸŒ‰✔πŸŽ€πŸ•

      Delete
  4. Lance do you have a Twitter? If so you can follow me @parker_scott_35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah I have Instagram and snapchat though. I also have kik and ask.fm but I doubt anyone else here has those so yeah :)

      Delete