Monday, August 25, 2014

MTV Music Awards: Breakdown/Thoughts

Last night the MTV Music Awards took place!!! If you did not watch them I'm here to breakdown every award/performance for you!!! I hope you enjoy :)!!!

Performances:

First, Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj performed Bang Bang and I thought th did great!!!



Second, Nicki Minaj performed Anaconda... And it SUCKED
SO MUCH!!! She was like twerking or something it was 
weird...



Third, Sam Smith Sang Stay With me and I gotta say It wasn't bad.... Congrats Sam your growing.



Fourth, Maroon 5 performed Maps which was decent. All I can really say about that performance



The Boys from 5SOS performed Amnesia and It waGREAT!! It's like there so shy on stage it makes there performances better... Weird. Huh???


Fifth, Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora performed Black Widow and that was my favorite performance of the night!!!! They were amazing I though!!!! Fun fact: Taylor Swift was dancing to it...



Last, Taylor herself performed Shake it off and was also fabulous!!! Great Job!!! Taylor!!!!!


Awards:

Video of the year: Miley Cyrus- Wrecking Ball
Comments: Well, I expected this...

Best hip-hop: Drake/Majid Jordan- Hold on We're going home
Comments: LOVE THIS SONG!!!! Great Job Drake!!!

Best Male: Ed Sheeran- Sing
Comments: Ugh...

Best Female: Katy Perry/Juicy J- Dark Horse
Comments: Ugh...

Best Pop: Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea- Problem
Comments: YEAH!!!!

Best Rock: Lorde- Royals
Comments: Rock???

MTV artist to watch: Fifth Harmony
Comments: Great job Girls!!!

Best Collabaration: Beyoncé/Jay Z- Drunk in love
Comments: Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea- Problem???

MTV Clubland Award: Zedd/Haley Williams- Stay the Night
Comments: Alright, I'm fine...

Best video with Social Message: Beyoncé- Pretty Hurts
Comments: GREAT CHOICE!!!

Best Cinematography: Beyoncé- Pretty Hurts
Comments: What does Cinematography mean???

Best Editing: Eminem- Rap God
Comments: I'm feeling like a rap god Rap god!!! Congrats!!!

Best Choreography: Sia- Chandelier
Comments: Great job Sia!!!! Hope you win more!!!!

Best Direction: DJ Snake/Lil Jon- Turn down for what
Comments: What does this award mean???

Best art Direction: Arcade Fire- Reflektor
Comments: Okay???

Best visual Effects: Ok Go- The Writing's On The Wall
Comments: What's this??!!!!????!!!!

Best lyric Video: 5SOS- Don't stop
Comment: YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!!! Feel free to join the conversation by leaving your thoughts in the comments section!!! I will reply!!!!

- Lance


23 comments:

  1. Wow! I need to watch the VMA's now!
    -Rem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you do.... But if you don't I'm here to save you!!!

      Delete
    2. I think Sam Smith and Katy Perry would make a cute couple!
      Oh and wouldn't it be funny that Kim Cessarion and Ella Henderson were married and you would be their kid?
      -Remy

      Delete
    3. Besides the fact that Sam Smith is gay, I agree they would make a cute couple. You never mentioned Ariana Grande's performance of Break Free. And did anyone think Nicki Minaj’s wardrobe malfunction during Bang Bang was funny? (And her performance of Anaconda was pretty good.)

      Delete
    4. Kim Cessarion is a GUY you know...
      Wait, how was that a wardrobe malfunction????
      -Remy

      Delete
    5. She was holding her dress closed because it wouldn't stay closed itself.

      Delete
    6. Oh, haha, poor Nicki Minaj.
      Hey we haven't had a lyric chain in a while, so I'll start one.
      "I wanna be contigo and live contigo and dance contigo..."
      -Remy

      Delete
  2. And where's Undressed or Ghost in all of this?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Countdown review is coming in, like, 5 minutes, sorry you guys had to wait so long :(
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
    I <3 Shower!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My personal Top 45 is out. Find out if Enrique Iglesias ft. Sean Paul – Bailando will hold #1 for a second week in a row. http://hit45chart.blogspot.com/2014/08/enrique-iglesias-2-week-of-august-23.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have Blame on there.
      #haveyoudonethealsicebucketchallengeyet ???????
      -Remy

      Delete
  6. Bebe Rexa- Can't Stop Drinking Bout You is officially THE WORST SONG on hit-bound!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? Didn't that singer have great vocals in Take Me Home? The worst song on hitbound is tie between Betty Who-Somebody Loves You and Ella Henderson-Ghost. I like Halsies version beter. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen my countdown review yet? It's on Adrian's blog
    And yes I do agree she had good vocals in Take Me Home but this song is just junk
    Ghost is bland
    I think Betty Who's song is decent
    And did Bang Bang leave Hit-bound?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. Do not worry. I heard it on the wutchuwant countdown. This is Jack Lambert signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoops, never mind, just saw the hit-bound list
    -Rem

    ReplyDelete